Tired of using the same bland templates for your WooCommerce emails? Looking for a way to spruce up your email design and start sending emails that’ll delight your customers? Well, your best bet is to use an email customizer plugin.
Many WooCommerce store owners want to customize the appearance of the transactional emails that go out post-purchase. But this requires knowledge of code as WooCommerce only lets you modify the text content and basic colors by default. To make more customizations, you need to add your own CSS to the email template file.
Fortunately, plugins like YayMail let you breeze past the technical aspects of WooCommerce email customization.
Created by YayCommerce, YayMail lets you customize WooCommerce emails with drag-and-drop elements. Each element makes a block in the visual email editor, and it’s very easy to design layouts and edit content—just like it is with the Gutenberg editor.
Plus, YayMail lets you use WooCommerce conditional logic to show/hide specific email blocks. For instance, you can show discount offers when the order is placed using a specific payment method.
In this hands-on review of YayMail, I’ll show you how to set up the plugin and use its different features to improve your WooCommerce email experience.
YayMail Pro – Key Features
YayMail offers full customizability for 11 WooCommerce email templates. You can add different block elements to enhance your email design, including:
- Order details and Woo orders tracking
- Custom order statuses
- Checkout fields
- Client quotes and shipping quotes
- Payment plans and email signature
- Shop’s banners and other media assets
Also YayMail Pro allows you to customize those WooCommerce email templates in different languages while you have WPML, TranslatePress, Polylang, GTranslate, Weglot,..etc on your site.
Plus, you can use YayMail Addons to further customize templates you import via WooCommerce extensions. Addons are available for:
- WooCommerce Subscriptions
- WooCommerce Bookings
- Follow-Ups – Custom Email Templates
- Woo Sell Services
- YITH Pre-Order
- B2B & Wholesale Suite
And a lot more extensions.
Note that in order to use addons, you need to have YayMail Free or YayMail Pro version installed.
Hands-On With YayMail
In this section, I’ll tell you how to install and use the various functions of YayMail to optimize your WooCommerce emails.
Once done, you’ll be able to access YayMail’s features through the WooCommerce tab in your admin dashboard. Hover over the tab on the left, then click Email Customizer to access the plugin.
Choosing a Template
First, you’ll need to choose a template for the email you want to customize. In YayMail, you get the following options for templates:
- New Order
- Canceled Order
- Failed Order
- Order on-hold
- Processing Order
- Completed Order
- Refunded Order
- Customer invoice / Order details
- Customer note
- Reset password
- New account
- New customer (Addon)
- New message (Addon)
- New customer requires approval (Addon)
- Account approved (Addon)
Once you’ve selected a template, you would be able to drag and drop elements to create your email.
There are lots of elements available, enabling you to change the entire structure of the default template.
You can insert the following:
Logo – insert your brand’s logo at the top of the email to reinforce your company branding.
- Email heading – tell customers what the email is about. You can also change the background and text color to match your business branding.
- Image – make your emails more appealing by incorporating images of products or collections.
- Button – insert CTAs like “shop now” when you cross-sell or recommend products in your emails
- Text and title – change the text or add a title in a certain section of your email.
- Social icon – Add icons for LinkedIn, Facebook, Discord, Instagram, and/or your website so people can follow you online with a single click.
- Video – Add a testimonial video or product tips video to instill confidence in the customer.
- Text List – Insert two columns of text along with CTAs if you have more information to share.
- HTML – Import any HTML element to your email via code.
- Footer – Direct visitors to your terms and conditions or shipping policy.
YayMail also lets you insert native WooCommerce elements like shipping address, billing address, order item, and hook.
Plus, you can add an order item download element if you sell digital products like NFTs and digital calendars.
Using the blocks section in YayMail editor, you can add the following to your email:
- Featured products – display your best sellers or trendy items to attract customers
- Simple offer – add your limited-time promo or discount offer to the message
- Single banner – showcase a product or category along with a CTA for ordering
From the General section of Yaymail’s editor, you can add:
- One column
- Two columns
- Three columns
- Four columns
These elements should come in handy when you want to change the layout of your email.
YayMail also has a few other options you might find useful in the top toolbar. This includes inserting shortcodes, which expand on the contents you can include in your message.
Shortcodes are available for general information, order details, shipping, billing, payments, and new users. Just copy and paste the desired shortcode in the text element, and it will show in your email.
Other options include:
- Sending test email: Clicking this button will send a test email to our own email address. You can then see if everything is in place.
- Blank: This option lets you remove all content and make your own design from scratch.
- Copy template: Want to insert another template within the current one? Use the copy template button to do so in seconds.
- Reset template: With this command, you can reset the current email template to the default WooCommerce layout.
Besides all that, there’s a live preview option present in YayMail. You can use it to evaluate any additions/changes you’ve made in real-time. See how an email looks on a mobile device and a desktop PC before sending it to the customer.
The Settings of YayMail give you more control over your email design. These include:
- General Settings – Find toggles for showing/hiding product image, SKU, hyperlinks, description, and regular price.
- Email Settings – Change the background color, email content background color, and text link color.
- Enable/disable templates – Find toggles for activating and deactivating different templates in YayMail.
- Reset Templates – Change all templates to default.
- Import/Export Templates – Import a template from an extension or export existing templates to another plugin.
For further guidance, please check out their YayMail documentation.
You can install and use YayMail for free.
However, using YayMail Pro requires purchasing one of the following licenses:
- Single site – $59 yearly, $199 lifetime
- 3 Sites – $139 yearly, $339 lifetime
- Unlimited sites – $399 yearly, $999 lifetime
Addons have to be purchased separately.
Most addons cost between $39 and $59 for yearly use on a single website. You can get the ones important for your business based on the extensions you frequently use.
Emails will always remain an essential aspect of the ecommerce customer experience.
And with the help of YayMail, you can spice up your emails’ appearance to spark engagement and conversions.
The email customizer can also help you ensure branding consistency. With the incorporation of brand assets, you will be able to make your communications instantly recognizable.
Most WooCommerce stores send pretty dull and boring emails. With the YayMail plugin, you have an opportunity to gain an edge over your competitors and improve your post-purchase experience instantly.